About Fireplace Safety
When enjoying your fireplace, stove or insert, it's important to remember these basic safety precautions:
- Fireplaces, stoves and inserts, become hot during operation whether they burn gas, pellets or wood. Keep clothing, furniture, draperies and other flammable materials a safe distance away.
- Fireplace glass and other surfaces get extremely HOT and can cause burns if touched. Factory-provided protective safety screens, or aftermarket free-standing screens or barriers help to reduce the risk of serious burns, as they can
prevent skin from coming into direct contact with the glass or fire. However, screens also retain heat so touching them is not advised.
- Keep children away from fireplaces, stoves and inserts. All parts of these appliances get extremely hot and should be treated with caution. Supervise children and pets to ensure they stay a safe distance away.
- Fireplaces, stoves and inserts (and their surrounding material) will remain hot for a period of time after being turned off, so caution should be used at all times.
Are you Missing a Safety Barrier Screen for your Heat & Glo Glass Fireplace or Insert?
For Heat & Glo products manufactured BEFORE January 1st, 2003:
For Heat & Glo products manufactured AFTER January 1st, 2003:
- Heat n Glo will provide an ANSI-compliant retrofit safety barrier screen free of charge, you simply pay shipping costs. Order forms are on the manufacturers web page
- Heat n Glo will provide the model number of a replacement safety barrier screen that was originally designed, aesthetically styled and came standard with your product, which can be easily purchased from The Wood Stove & Fireplace
Center. Or, you can choose a generically-styled retrofit safety barrier screen that complies with the new ANSI standard revision that will be effective in 2015. This will be shipped directly to your home for $99 USD including shipping.
You can go directly to the manufacturers web-site to order your safety screen.