Outdoor American Fyre Designs Products in Monmouth County
There are two secrets to the success of American Fyre Designs: their design, engineering, and manufacturing ability, and their use of Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete (GFRC). This concrete is used in all of American Fyre Designs products. GFRC is a composite material, made with a special formula of cement, glass fiber, polymers, and aggregates. Unlike most concrete, this mixture removes the steel, and uses a combination of polymers. The reason? Steel will rust, fibers will not. The fibers were made to me durable, strong, lightweight, fire retardant, weather resistant, yet remaining attractive. This concrete is used wordwide today, and remains as one of the biggest keys to American Fyre Designs success.
Composition of GFRC
- Concrete: specially formulated Portland cement
- Glass Fibers: provides tensile and flexural strength
- Aggregates: crushed stone or silica sand
- Polymers: improves toughness and durability
- Platicizers: enhances workability and malleability of concrete